Saturday, August 22, 2009

Long Story Short

My mother-in-law developed an allergic reaction to a medication and is in a burn unit of a hospital. This allergic reaction has it's own name, Stevens Johnsons Syndrome. I'm not providing a link because I won't go back to those sites, ever.
This is why I haven't posted in a week. Our family has been schlepping back and forth to the hospital like a bunch of nomads, meeting in the family waiting room, all dressed in yellow hospital gowns tied in the back. And everyone with blank looks on our face, emotionally numb, wondering why the hell is this happening to this 83 year old woman.

I'll try to update this post when I can and I will be reading you guys when I need to smile, because you guys always make me smile.

7 comments:

David said...

Oy vey....what a nightmare for her and the rest of the family.

ReformingGeek said...

Oh, wow! I'm so sorry. I hope she is better soon. Take care.

Leeuna said...

Oh my goodness! This is just terrible. I hope she gets well. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Ooohh, I hate to hear that! Take care of the family, Sue.

Skye said...

All the best Sue, I do hope she gets better soon!

Candice said...

That's horrible. I'm so sorry, Sue.

Suzanne said...

Thank you all for your well wishes. She does seem to be getting better!