Saturday, December 05, 2009

From the Scary Asian Dry Cleaning Dude Files part 27

Ahh crap. I stopped at the Dry Cleaners during lunch yesterday and the Scary Asian Dry Cleaning Dude tried to stiff me out of a buck. With the economy in the tank and Christmas fast approaching like a run away semi-truck on an icy road, I had to point out the error. I helped him count back from $16.50 and the light came on in his eyes. Whether it was the light that meant,
"Oh I see now where I was wrong, thank you for being so understanding."
Or,
"I'm going to beat you over the head with my numb-chucks when you least suspect it, and it will be soon."
I'm not sure.
Someone remind me to send one of the children for the dry cleaning next week.
Aren't the Asian people a people of superior math skills anyway?
I left the dry cleaners with mixed emotions. Obviously I have untapped mad Math skills, but would I live long enough to put them to good use?

2 comments:

Candice said...

Did the dude not have a cash register? Typically those things tell you how much money to give your customers back. Or was he just unaware how to count money?

Either way, kudos to you for paying attention. I'm not sure I would have caught that little mistake.

Suzanne said...

I'm on full alert when I stop in there, he scares me. And no technologically advance cash register in site.