Saturday, April 19, 2008

Stories in my Head

Saturday, April 19, 2008 in Northeast Ohio, it's a balmy 78 degrees and I stopped for a piping hot, 24 oz., mocha cappuccino. Because I have no self control over the whole mocha cappuccino at every corner situation. Also when you stop at these gas station/convenience stores, you run into all kinds of people and I can usually make up a story in my head about one or two of them.
Take the man parked next to me. Either I watch to much TV or I need to get a life, but I'm pretty sure he was packing up his canvas bags with provisions for an all night stake out or he had something in his trunk he had to bury and didn't want to stop until he got to the secluded forest he was driving to. Either way, I avoided eye contact with him just to be safe.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Yikes! I'm glad I am in Indiana. Now I will be watching all the people at the gas station. Thanks a lot! Just kidding.

Ellen said...

Every time I'm at the gas station or some convenience store I think about this post. It's kind of spooky.

Suzanne said...

Sorry I spooked you Ellen! Everybody has to get gas - avoid eye contact! LOL!