Monday, December 29, 2008

Financial Advice for a Prosperous 2009

There have to be some poor people in the world, so I only give out this advice knowing that half of you will not even read this post as you are feverishly dropping EntreCards. Half of you will not take it seriously and think of me as a part-time receptionist giving out halfwit advice and the other half will forget all together. I don't want to start an economic boom, this isn't about me.
On New Year's Eve the very last thing you should do before you go to bed is take all the change/coins out of your pockets or wallets, place this change on your front doorstep and go to bed. Now you can see why I know some of you will forget, the whole New Year's Eve cocktail thing may cloud your memory. Then when you wake up on New Year's Day the very first thing you do, before the bathroom or coffee, is bring that money in. That is the start of you bringing in money the whole year.
Think of this as my way of a small economic boost for our failing economy. Hey I do what I can. The husband and I brought in more money this year than last year, so this is a proven money maker. It also helped that I had a job this year.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Interesting idea: I'll have to tell the wife about it. Notice, I just didn't drop and run. I'm actually going to read TWO posts (gasp!).

Anonymous said...

I like your kind of math. I'm trying this. ;)

Da Old Man said...

It's worth a try. I don't drop and run either.
:)

Ora - Looking for Offramp said...

Cool idea, I'm going to try that if I remember.

Anonymous said...

I am totally doing this. And if I wake up and find my coins stolen off my porch, I'm going back to bed.

I have a good feeling about '09, though. I think the coin christening is the perfect way to start it.

Suzanne said...

UR and Da Old Man - Thank you for not dropping and running. I feel all warm and fuzzy now.

papercages and Ora - Let me know how rich you get. Do you think I should start a financial blog?

divacosmos - I don't think there are any rules against putting the change under your welcome mat, just in case.

Anonymous said...

-half of you will not even read this post
-Half of you will not take it seriously
-the other half will forget all together.

I'm liking your math already so multiplying my coins on the threshold can only make me wealthy beyond my dreams.

Cheers

Ellen said...

I think I will try this....I need all the help I can get in 2009. The only issue I have with putting the money on the front porch is these dang (not what I really wanted to say) cats that live around here. They come by during the night and pee all of the door and the porch near the door. I would hate to pick up the change and have cat urine all over it. But I could put it closer to the edge of the porch. I'll let you know how it goes.

Suzanne said...

David - I'd settle for half as wealthy beyond my dreams.

Ellen - I'm not sure if you want to be bringing in cat laced pee all year. Maybe try putting your change under the welcome mat.

Ellen said...

Okay Sue..,I put out all my change in a jar early this morning @ 2 am right before I went to bed. Wow, was that the most liberating, strange thing I've ever done. And it was still there this morning at 8 am when I got up. If someone had taken it I think I would have shivered in my shoes. By the way, I'm writing a post about you on my blog.