Tuesday, August 23, 2011

An idiomatic term for a claustrophobic reaction

I do believe I'm getting an early jump on:

Cabin fever it is an idiomatic term for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group is isolated and/or shut in a small space, with nothing to do, for an extended period (as in a simple country vacation cottage during a long rain or snow). Symptoms include restlessness, irritability, paranoia, irrational frustration with everyday objects, forgetfulness, laughter, excessive sleeping, distrust of anyone they are with and an urge to go outside even in the rain, snow or dark. The phrase is also used humorously to indicate simple boredom from being home alone.

Although I display none of the symptoms above I feel them coming on earlier than usual. Oh and I'm starting to talk to myself.

They took my car away or I'd shop. Something to do with gas spewing out of Boy #3's car. Isn't that funny how all of a sudden his car becomes inoperable once I become unemployed? And I can't seem to find my shoes. Something is going on around here and I don't like it. Maybe I should take a nap, I don't think I've had my nap today.

Being a freelance writer is hard work, all you do is write. I write all day, except for when I'm dehydrating bananas. You know for the Zombie Apocalypse? You have to travel light remember. See my last post if you don't know what I'm talking about. It's the next post down, you're not getting a link just scroll. The problem with these dehydrated bananas is that they are really good. I'm eating them as fast as I make them. I'm going to have to start making them everyday. But I don't have a car. Gah.

What day is it?

5 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

Oh dears. I'm sorry you are working so hard, barefoot and carless.

But wait. Maybe they'll be an earthquake!

Suzanne said...

Carol - Thank you so much for your concern!

Relax Max said...

This is really difficult to understand. Sorry. I mean, it "looks" like English and all, but it just isn't penetrating.
Not to worry. I am your friend so I will still leave a comment even if I can't read the post. Hope the following is close enough:

MAX'S CORNDOG RECIPE

1. Take one grape popcicle (I know, I know, a lot of people don't even USE popcicles with their corndogs)

2. Put two Twinkies in the freezer as you take out the popcickles (flat side down side by side on a saucer)

3. Eat the popcicle.

4. Push the popcicle stickes into the ends of the twinkies. If you ate the popsicle fast enough, you can still push the sticks in

5. Watch one (1) half-hour infomercial (NOT and exercise one) OR one (1) hour-long soap opera, if you like your corn dogs hard

6 Remove Twinkies from freezer, drizzle with marshmallow sauce and then SATURATE with Hershey's ice cream chocolate syrup from the squeeze bottle that has been in your refrigerator for 2 years (age of chocolate is important).

7. Put back in refrigerator for 31 more minutes.

8. Eat the puppies, using the popcicle sticks as handles. (I hope your saucer didn't crack in the freezer or was not expensive, if so

Mustard dip optional

Secret bonus: Nuts! Those little tiny nuts for ice cream sundaes. Just mash them into the hard chocolate with your finger.

Suzanne said...

Relax Max - Since I have deemed myself a lazy loafer today I might use your comment as a post again.

My post is in English, incoherent, rambling English.

Relax Max said...

Well, if you want to drive away even more disgusted readers, then be my guest. But this time at least correct my spellug errs.