Wednesday, September 01, 2010

The going to Hell thing and where we all plan to meet up when we get there.

Gah! You think I'd get a better response on the post that probably sealed my fate and has sent me straight to hell. I asked for guesses on the two pictures I took and posted. I was shooting for 10, I got two. My feelings are hurt and almost never posted again. I'm thinking about not even telling you where the pictures are from, so there.

We at work, the core group of "going straight to hell" people have decided to meet up at the beach......in hell when we get there. One of the women at work said there's a beach so we decide that's as good as place as any to meet. You've got to have a plan. We figure there will be no water and the sand will be real hot. You know how it is when you have to run from towel to towel if you don't have your flip flops? In hell there will be no flip flops, no water and we're pretty sure no sun screen. So it's important to work on your base tan. That's what I've been doing all summer, working on my tan and preparing for hell.

Now last week, Thursday, I dragged my ass out of bed at 4:00 am, managed to shower, get dressed, put make up on and dry and curl my hair. I was picked up by Erv, mom and dad and all of them were showered and had nice hair. They have all decided to go with the gray by the way, I continue to fight it. Anyway off we went to the world renowned Cleveland Clinic, dad was having surgery.
Here is a link from the last post I made after one of Dad's surgeries.

This woman in the picture obviously slept through her alarm, looked in the mirror and thought, "These big lime green curlers in my hair are workin' for me today." Left the house and wheeled her father into the surgery maze along with us, we reunited in the locker room, which is where Erv dared me to take the picture. Did it, going to hell, saw her at breakfast too.

My 2 guessers Carol of Confessions of a Reforming Geek and Leeuna of My Mind Wandered are also my best commentors. They were both right on, although Carol was first and Leeuna kind of followed, but let's face it, it was kind of easy. That's why I don't feel bad not giving out a prize or anything. But thanks for playing sorry I have no parting gifts girls.

9 comments:

Robert Johnston said...

Well I was going to guess but didn't get around to doing it. Sorry. Look forward to checking your blog in the future.

Bob

Suzanne said...

Robert - You are not forgiven. Thank you for stopping by!

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I guessed too late. But I was pretty much anyway. And I'm still going to hell. If you get there first, and I think you will, will you order me a Long Island Tea at the bar? Thanks.

Suzanne said...

Mike - It's hell, they won't have your drink of choice. Think of your least favorite drink and that is what they will be well stocked with, unless you like those flaming shots, then I think you'll be okay.

Leeuna said...

OMG! Now I'm going to hell too because I thought that poor woman had a mop bucket and it was her dad's duds. Thanks Sue! If they don't serve Long Island Teas, then maybe a Sex On The Beach? Can we bring our own?

Unknown said...

Everybody got dressed up for surgery?

Maybe I should think twice about my dentists appointment.

Suzanne said...

Leeuna - You can't bring anything to hell or everyone would have flip flops, thus defeating the whole burning in hell thing.

Beau - Surgery and dentist appointments are 2 entirely different affairs. You don't have to shower for a dentist appointment.

ReformingGeek said...

What? No prize? You are DEFINITELY going to Hell.

;-) Save me a spot on the towel.

Suzanne said...

Carol - You were warned about the no prizes, just sayin. And I don't think there will be any towels in hell either, just hot sand on a waterless beach with no alcoholic beverages. It will be a real drag there.