Friday, January 28, 2011

What color are you?

I almost got the crying baby out, then I put on my big girl panties and trudge through my next assignment:
Choose a color to write about. Use the thesaurus function on your software or a printed thesaurus at least ten times during this exercise. Work to focus your writing and write tight. Make the assignment no more than 250 words.
_________________________________________
Inside the crayon box, the big one with 72 colors, the one that makes all the kids in your first grade class jealous, yep that one with the sharpener on the back, you will find me in the purple section. They call me lavender. I’m a free spirit that goes with the flow, wherever the wind takes me and boy do I smell good. People will stop me and say,
“Hey, I know you, don’t I? Where have I seen you before?”
“The lavender field off of Route 82.”
”Right! That’s it!”
It happens all the time. I don’t want to sound pretentious or anything but I have a calm, mitigating effect on people. I’m easy on the eyes and bring a smile to a face. Sometimes a face that’s had a particularly rough day at work, a face that’s belabored after a trying day with a family member or a face that’s sitting in front of a computer endeavoring to finish what they may think is a difficult task and they are stuck to their chair until they are done.
I roll with the punches and go on forever. You can see me wave ever so gently in the wind and then I can disappear, leaving you wondering what you just saw. Leaving you with a sense of contentment.
“What the heck? Was that a ghost or just a shadow?”
No it was I, and they call me lavender.

7 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

Ah, I feel calmer now.

Nice colorful post, Sue!

Anonymous said...

I'll bet a Lavender candle would help me sleep better... and a Sausage McMuffin...

Symdaddy said...

I agree with the nearly ex-geek!

But ...

there's always a 'but

... I always think of toilets when lavender is mentioned!

'Lavvy' is a slang term for 'lavatory'.

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanne said...

Carol - Thank you very much.

Jamie - I lite candle while I tried sleep would worry me too much.

Symdaddy - Only you would compare of a wonderful field of lavender to a bathroom.

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I think of France when I think of lavender. Also, of my kids. We put lavender oil on their pillows for years to help them sleep. Now they hate us, and we hate them. I guess lavender's really not my favorite color, come to think of it.

Suzanne said...

Mike - Lavender is more of a girl color, it's okay that you don't like it.