Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It just popped open on it's own

"You have to take my truck to work tomorrow, I'm taking your car in to get the trunk fixed."

My trunk? Why that hasn't worked since summer, June I believe. I've adjusted my life in such a way that I don't need a trunk anymore. What will I do with a fully functional trunk?
It popped open while we were out of town, just popped open on it's own and it took the husband several tries to get it to stay closed. "Don't open that until I get it looked at." Yes that was June. I remember now. Are our lives that busy that we can't sit at a dealership wait for our car to be fixed? Apparently.
We went out of town again in September, suitcase in the back seat. While driving home the husband pulled over, "What?"
"The trunk just popped open."
"Get the hell outta here."
We got out of the car, "Hey, look there's your new shoes we've been looking for all this time." I was excited. "I never thought to look for them in the trunk, funny isn't it?"
"Hold the shoes, I'll close the trunk."
When he was satisfied the trunk was secure we continued on our way. "Don't open that until I get it looked at." Yes that was September.
Now my trunk is fixed because the husband sat at the dealership for an hour and a half. He took a vacation day.
I'll need to adjust my way of life for the better, I'm sure. I can put my groceries in the trunk now and I have a place to transport the dead bodies again. It's a win/win.
_________________________________________


I have enrolled in a creative writing class which starts tomorrow, I'm very excited about it. I'm telling all that read my blog so I push myself to achieve greatness. I won't settle for anything else. But on the off chance I have a bad day I will post this picture of a baby crying on FaceBook and you can offer words of encouragement if you would like. I also have no idea how much time it will take out of my day so I'm not sure when I will be able to post. Be patient, I'm sure the posts will get much better.

10 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

I'm glad you are trunk-functional again.

Can your Hubby come down here and take my care in for rattles?

Cheers to the writing. I don't want to see that baby.

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I'm glad you have a place to hide your victims. It's such a bother to rent a car, or to use the trash. Way too obvious, and the police usually catch on too quickly and take all the fun out of killing.

Anyway, I don't think you'll be needing that crying baby much. I hope you'll post some of what you write. Or, if that's too much for you, just e-mail it to me. I'd like to read it, and I'm sure others also would.

00dozo said...

I won't trust dealerships with my car unless it is still under warranty. We had fog lights installed after we got the car and the buggers wired it wrong - the fuse for the navigation and running lights would blow after turning the lights on twice, rendering the car useless for night driving.

Good luck with the class! I'm sure you'll do fine. (I could probably use a few of those, too! I was never taught grammar in school. Really.)
;-)

Suzanne said...

Carol - I'm sure he would love to take your car in, he read People magazines and filled me in on all the goings on in Hollywood last night.

Mike - I never thought to post my homework on my blog, good idea.

00dozo - Yep it's under warranty. I haven't tried to use the trunk yet, I'm ascared.

Leeuna said...

Yay for the fixed trunk. I laughed at the "forgetting about the shoes in there" thing. That sounds like me.

I know you're going to enjoy the writing classes. I don't expect to see too much of the crying baby. Hopefully. And please do share some of your work with us. We'll enjoy reading it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the trunk. I started to put new gutters up in July. Thus far I have 1 10 foot section. Oh well. Good luck with the creative writing. I'm scared that if I took one my writing might take on a semblance of normalcy

Suzanne said...

Leeuna - We still laugh about those shoes in the trunk. I plan to share some of my assignments. I have a lot in common with quite a few of the students in the class, I'm so glad I did this.

Jamie - You work at the same pace as my husband does. You should have seen the house when he decided to put up new siding. What a nightmare.

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I do it all the time, in one way or another.

P.S. -- My captcha word: ExactSin. Interesting, huh?

Silly Willy and Fluffy said...

Sue, don't ever lose your natural
funny way with words. You keep us in stitches all the time!

your bra strap episode also was very funny. . . .but can be too revealing.

Be careful or we'll tell your mom!Ha hahahahaha!

Hugs and love.
Uncle Silly Willy & Aunt Fluffy

Suzanne said...

Uncle Silly Willy & Aunt Fluffy - I send most of my posts to moms email machine, she understands my bra issues all too well! LOL!