Tuesday, March 24, 2009

And Then God Said.....

I like to make my readers feel comfortable and to want to come back and read my blog, so today I'm going to post about God. I can remember several times when God sent me a message. I don't know why I thought of this one particular time but I did. I was about to marry a moron, a world class, your life will be miserable, moron. But I was young and stupid and didn't see it. Until my angel sat down and had a one on one talk with me. I don't remember her name, barely remember what she looked like except that she was pregnant. Pregnant with her second husbands baby, the first one didn't work out too well. She didn't tell me her first husband was a loser, she told me she loved him but wasn't in love with him. I think right at that moment a halo started to glow above her head. The very next day I broke up with who would have been my first husband. Over the last 20 some years our paths have crossed just a few times and I ask myself, "Holy Crap! What was I thinking?"
I think of my angel a lot and wish I could let her know how much she affected my life.
Today God spoke to me again. My gas grill would not ignite, no matter how many matches I threw in there. Plan B, my broiler in my oven wouldn't go on. A voice inside my head said, "These Hot Dogs will not cook themselves.............. order pizza."
So it is written so it shall be done.

6 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

You had me going. I though you were going to somehow avoid a gas explosion. ;-)

Hubby and I joke that his first wife was his warm-up wife. Being married to her makes him a better wife for me. I'm the lucky one!

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you yet again-- thank you for the laugh. You have the magic.

Janna said...

God said the same thing to me at lunch today!
In fact, he said "use paper plates, and you won't even have to do dishes."

God is so wise.

Relax Max said...

Yeah, God was out here today too. She didn't say anything about your gas grill or your hot dogs. She did tell me to do another post on electricity. Said I was entertaining the masses. This with 5 comments, but I trust her. We talk all the time. Her name is Elvira.

Relax Max said...

She came back after I made this comment to tell me about your grill. Said it was screwed because you use comment moderation and she was punishing you for not trusting in her more.

Skye said...

This is funny, my word verification is "Nospark", I wonder if it's referring to your breakup with that guy, or to the fact that you couldn't get either your BBQ nor your broiler going!

Anywho's-it, I am writing a post for the When Life Hands You Lemons Award, and I would like to pass it on to you. I love coming to your blog, you always manage to make me smile!