Sunday, March 29, 2009

Did Anyone Think To Think Of The Dog?

The psychological effects of "Home Improvement Mode" have taken their toll on the household as it continued on for a second day. I couldn't get the kids out safely so they had to scurry around the house like the gophers that they are. The one most effected, the most innocent of us all, the dog.
First of all they moved he
r couch away from her window, which made barking at the neighbors virtually impossible. Then they used the air compressor, it makes a noise so it's her enemy along with the vacuum and the shop vac, all arch enemies. She felt compelled to stay vigilant and protect me in my office. Here she is seen trying to stay awake, her head bobbing up and down like a husband in a church pew. She'd get a few minutes of shut-eye then another noise would snap her to attention.
She let me take four close up pictures of her in a row, she never let's me do that, she hates the camera. Let's add the camera to her arch enemy list. Maybe my dog has some issues.

7 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

Poor pup! Our cat hides good when all the commotion starts around here.

Meg said...

I hate it when kids are cruel to animals.

Nooter said...

generally speaking we dont like change, makes us wonder if we did something wrong and how to make up for it

Relax Max said...

"Like a husband in a church pew." You are very metaphoric today. Towards more picturesque speech. I like it. Beautiful dog too.

unnifte

Unfinished Rambler said...

Actually I thought she looked sort of pissed. But maybe that's how she always looks. Of course, your photo up in the lefthand corner might not reflect how you really are either. ;)

Suzanne said...

ReformingGeek - She was hiding but then decided she need to "protect" me and never left my side. She's the sweetest dog ever.

Prefers Her Fantasy Life - Yeah, I'm getting rid of them.

Nooter - Now I feel guilty.

Relax Max - Thank you for all your various compliments.

UR - It's a common misconception, the pictures are. That's me with the beehive hairdoo in the header. I don't know who the broad in the profile is. And my dog doesn't always look pissed, she always looks cute.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Then my dog also has problems as he barks at the vacuum cleaner, leaves, the wind, and farts. He's so holier than thou -- like he doesn't fart.

Darn dog.