Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It's a Major Award

At one of our Sunday dinners, Boy #1 mentioned the next day at work he's getting fed breakfast and they are having some kind of awards ceremony. I asked him if he's getting an award and he said, "I don't think so, but I'm getting paid to eat breakfast."
"Sweet." This was Boy #3's response.
Look at my picture, Boy #1 received a Major Award! I wish I would have had more time to make sure the picture turned out better. The Award is called The Step Up Award. He was being recognized for his hard work and moving up in the company. He was Employee of the Quarter not to long ago. He works across the street from the husband. At lunch hour, he and his Major Award jumped in his truck to run over and showed the husband. And the picture is of him after I hugged him and kissed him on both cheeks, he stopped over after he left work.
Often the husband and I sit in our recliners discussing our boys. Saying to each other, "We did something right." The boys are always told by us that we love them and we always let them know we are proud of them. We somehow have instilled in them a good work ethic and they can see it's paying off. Tonight we are going out to eat courtesy of the company Boy #2 works for, he was February's Employee of the Month.

No comments: