Thursday, March 06, 2008

You Don't Really Miss Something Until It's Gone

We hear that old saying in the back of our heads when the power goes out in the neighborhood or when a water main breaks on our street. First we check with the neighbors to make sure they are experiencing the same discomfort and we do that to make sure it isn't just us and a late payment on a bill. Once we are sure it's "not just me", it's okay to complain. We take a lot of things for granted.
Tuesday on my way to and from work, I found out I can't say enough about windshield wipers. I don't want to play favorites, but especially the left one. You know the one that helps you see the road when driving.
The windshield wipers get stuck in ice and snow, I've heard that some impatient drivers will grab the windshield wiper with unnecessary force to clean the windshield. The hell you say! Take care of your windshield wipers, you'll miss them when they're gone.

No comments: