Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It's Official

I have started my Christmas shopping. Earlier than ever. Now I've only purchased a few stocking stuffers but it is a start. I always put the stocking stuffer stuff (stay that 10 times fast) off until the last minute and then end up just filling them with candy because I want to be done. Not that there's anything wrong with candy, I'm a big Pro-Chocolate activist, but I wanted to put a little thought into the stockings this year. Along with filling my 3 boys, 2 of their girlfriends and my husbands, I also fill my own. Usually when I tell people this they react with a jaw dropping, your kidding look. If you want something done right you have to do it yourself. My husband will just go to the drug store, grab a handful of candy bars and shove them in a stocking. I grab a handful of candy bars at least once a week. This way I get what I want. The husband comes through with presents and I'll save the story of last years Christmas present for when we get a little closer to the holidays. Don't worry, I wrote it down, I won't forget.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I usually pick out my own gifts i.e. I get ads or catalogs and turn down pages, circle items, etc. Everything except buy it for myself. Oh yes, I also pay for it too when I'm doing the darn checkbook and paying the bils.