Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Shopping in my Slippers

I met my friend from grade school for dinner last week and I asked her when she was going to be back in town. She says to me Thanksgiving, she’ll be here the whole weekend because her sister and she always go shopping the day after Thanksgiving, also known as Black Friday. They have it all planned, getting up at 4:00 am, going to breakfast. I tried not to look at her like she was one brick short of a load. I’ll probably sleep in that morning. But that’s just me. I have thanksgiving ads being emailed to me. When my coffee is done brewing, I’ll shuffle over to my computer in my big fluffy slippers and shop. I’m guessing it will probably be around 10:00 am. I always start with the little ones on my list. They aren’t as picky as the older kids. I can easily get the great nieces and nephews done at one sitting at ToysRUs. Before my second cup of coffee. I didn’t tell my dear friend this because she has done this Black Friday shopping thing for years and she looked really excited about it. There aren’t very many things that would get me up at 4:00 am. I can think of one or two, a crying baby back a few years or to go to the bathroom. But never to go shopping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup going to the bathroom is about it for me too. I hate early mornings. Shopping from home is my cuppa tea!

Suzanne said...

I guess I just like a good nights sleep too much! LOL!