Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Sitting in the Dentist Chair

Sitting in the dentist chair this morning I couldn't help but run my tongue over the teeth that had root canal after the temporary crown was taken off. Dear God they were little nubs of teeth. Like the kind you see in the mouth of a woman being interviewed after a tornado swept through the trailer park she lives in. I layed there waiting for my permanent crowns to be put in hoping no one I knew came in for a dental exam. Actually I was thinking about just about anything that I could to try differ the view of gloved fingers and metal instruments going in and out of my mouth. I hate going to the dentist, I put it off and now I'm paying big time for it. What really sucked about today's visit was I didn't get any drugs. Last visit they drugged me when I got there and sent me home with some. I suppose I will have to remain lucid the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had that done last month- no drugs for me either! :-( I hate the dentist!

Suzanne said...

That's the problem, you put off going to the dentist because you hate going, but then you pay for!