Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hold That Door

I was out this morning and on my way home I stopped for a mocha cappuccino, because can't not stop. I'd spend my last buck on a mocha cappuccino. On my way out with my beloved mocha cappuccino, a deliveryman was on his way in with several boxes on one of those tall thingamabobbers with wheels. I can guarantee you this post is not going where you think it is, so let me spare you the suspense, nothing happened to my mocha!
This is where I'm going. He held the door for me. And I in turn, held the door open for him, because I am generally a nice enough person. He actually looked surprised and told me no one ever holds the door open for him. It takes 5 seconds, max, to hold the door open for someone. You can't be in that much of a hurry where 5 seconds is going to throw your schedule all to hell.
This post is me doing my part to make the world a better place. Slow down and hold the damn door open once in a while and do it with a smile.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have installed window screens as a courtesy, so holding doors is a small an natural thing to me.

Rebecca Mecomber said...

OK!





;)

Suzanne said...

Don't forget to smile! :-)