Friday, November 16, 2007

Jingle Those Keys and I'm Ready To Go

Most of us, at one time or another have had to make a quick get away. Whether it was for a family emergency, a work related problem or we had had enough of the daily grind, threw up our hands and said I need a vacation now. Just this past summer my husband asks me, “How much do we have in the checking account?” “Uh oh. Why?” “Let’s go away for a long weekend.” We can pick up and go easier than we use to, our kids are older and a little more self-sufficient.
Last minute hotel rooms are not easy to acquire and are usually expensive. We ended up staying at our second choice hotel that was a little out of our way. Because there wasn’t enough money in the checkbook. Planning ahead is over-rated. Why should you be penalized for being spontaneous? Finding someone that understands the fast paced lives we live is easy. I found HotelShopUK.com, they specialize in last minute short breaks in the UK. They can find you last minute deals and save you some money. I wish I had thought of that in the summer. The next time my husband wants to know how much we have in the checking account, I’ll be ready!

No comments: