Thursday, October 16, 2008

Blue Sock, Black Sock, Left Sock, Right Sock

After 23 years of marriage, I still can't undo what his mother did to him. The idea of putting one dirty sock inside the other so they remain a "set" until wash day just represents more work for me. With three boys and a husband I sort laundry with a surgical mask, rubber gloves and a set of plastic tongs. Undoing smelly, dirty socks is something I didn't sign up for. I would rather they left the house with un-matched socks.

"You know I had an important meeting today and noticed I had on one blue sock and one black sock."
"You didn't go over to your mother's did you?"

He never puts them in the hamper anyway. Two days ago, I shuffled out for my morning coffee and found a pair of rolled up socks on the kitchen counter. Just to mess with his head I unrolled them and put one in the hamper, left the other one right where I found it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, did he notice the single sock on the counter? :D

Anonymous said...

I am always amazed by the "missing the hamper" syndrome. If my sons would only extend their arms, they could easily drop dirties into the hamper. Instead, they prefer to drop it on the floor where they stand and pick it up later.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Sue! You cracked me up while I drank my morning coffee. LOL

Anonymous said...

My girlfriend and I are convinced that it's the full moon or something. You should read what my husband did to ME -- I'll take your dirty socks any day..

ê¿ê

Suzanne said...

Beth, it was gone when I got home from work. And thank God! It bothered me all day, that sock on my counter did! LOL!

Suzanne said...

Dan at least they are picking them up later!

Karen, I know how important that coffee is in the morning, be careful!

Suzanne said...

Margaret! Give me a link, I want to know what your husband did to you!

Lidian said...

I cannot tell you how tired I am of socks - washing the, sorting them, figuring out whose they are. I like to wear them, though. So that implies a lot of laundry and tedium.

I like that single sock sitting there on the counter. Please do tell, did it get noticed? Interpreted? Reunited with its doppelganger?