Saturday, October 10, 2009

I promise to post more as soon as I get the FaceBook monkey off my back.

Isn't it funny how an innocent little "invite" on FaceBook can lead to a total, life consuming obsession? What the hell do I need a virtual farm for? But as I type I have another window open on my computer so I can keep an eye on my crops. FaceBook will be the death of me.

The husband and I actually saw farm stuff up close a couple weeks ago, we went to a county fair. It was a work related thing for him and he dragged his city girl wife along. At this fair, while walking amongst the farm people, it's where we decided our children are way too spoiled. Farm kids lead a entirely different life than spoiled city kids. We weren't sure exactly what these farm kids were doing but their days are spent a lot different than ours. We wandered into a barn and sat on some bleachers, because the guy on the speaker said they were starting in 5 minutes.
"Starting what?"
"I don't know."
"Well, we better sit down."
There were several different farm animals at different stations with a person in charge of an animal and these kids kept going to each station with a score card they gave to the person. The husband and I sat perplexed, noticeably perplexed.
"Alright, I'll take a picture."



After about three, 5 minute sessions, because that's all the time they were allotted for whatever they were doing, I leaned over to the husband and said, "This is boring the living snot out of me."
He was up off the bleachers before I finished the sentence. This is when we stumbled into a field of tractors. Which was even more boring because they didn't even move. But the husband reminisced about the summers he spent on his aunt and uncles farm and showed me the kind of tractor he use to drive.
"You drove a tractor just like that?"
"Yep."
"Before you had your drivers license?"


3 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

I'm so glad you captioned the photos. Otherwise, I might not have known. ;-)

Yes, Facebook can eat you alive. It's fun, though.

Chelle Blögger said...

County fairs are meh which is why I head straight for the rodeos!

And yes, for godness sake woman, put the Facebook pipe down already. :)

Nooter said...

old macdonald had a farm
hmm hmm hmm hmm hmmmmmm...

and on this farm he had lotsofthingstochase
hmm hmm hmm hmm hmmmmmm...

with a bark bark! here
and a bark bark! there

here a bark! there a bark!
everywhere a bark bark!

old macdonald had a nowabandonedfarm
hmm hmm hmm hmm hmmmmmm.