Friday, August 13, 2010

Well that's just unheard of


Ordinarily I don't drink my piping hot mocha cappuccino from McDonald's with a straw. Actually I think there might be a law against that sort of behavior. You just don't mess around with hot beverages. The pre-printed cups tell us caution contents is hot don't drink with a straw dummy or something like that. So you can imagine my surprise when I got to work, put down the precious liquid some of you call mocha cappuccino, opened my McDonald's bag from the drive through window and found my beloved egg McMuffin, some napkins and huh, a straw. The hell? I don't see the correlation here. What the hell kind of a world does the girl at window #2 live in? She was of middle eastern decent, those are the one you have to watch out for, them and the Russians at the pool. When she handed me my hot beverage straight from heaven she said, "Mocha?" Like it was the first time in her life she's ever said it, which make me sad to think that middle easterners have never had the pleasure of sipping a mocha cappuccino and they have no idea whether to use a straw or not. I thought I had my hands full keeping an eye on the Russians, now I have this McDonald's girl to watch.

5 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

It's a conspiracy, Sue, along with the silent black helicopters that are following you to work.

Suzanne said...

OMG! I forgot about tne black helicopters. What do I do? What do I do?

Relax Max said...

McDonalds sells cappuccino? No way. The end is at hand.

But EVERY drink comes with a straw at McDonalds. It's just easier to train the masses that way.

Rob said...

Does Tom Clancy know about this latest insidious conspiracy? Obviously the Eastern Europeans are gunning for ya!

Oh, there's just one more reason to avoid MickeyD's like the plague.

Suzanne said...

Relax Max - I refuse to conform with the masses, I will not drink my hot liquids with a straw. And yes, the end is at hand.

Rob - I can not stay away from Egg McMuffins.