Thursday, January 17, 2008

Back in the Day When We Camped Out

Back in the day when the boys weren’t embarrassed to be seen with us, the husband and I would load up two cars with camping gear, schlep our way to a campsite, unload the cars, set up camp and call it a vacation. It was a relaxing long weekend, no kidding, I’m serious. I cooked over an open flame all weekend. We had this tripod grill that I centered over the campfire. One of our favorite easy chicken recipes for the campfire was always fixed the first night we camped. When packing up at home I would put chicken breasts in a zip lock bag and pour Italian dressing over them. By the time we were ready to eat they were marinated to perfection. I wish we would have had a video camera back then I would have submitted it to the contest over at http://wherestheflamegrill.com/.


No comments: