Monday, February 11, 2008

It's Called a Thermometer

According to the superintendent of our school system, we live in an Arctic Tundra. I've never been that North before, but I hear it's really cold. I'm sure inhabitants of very cold climates have adapted to the frigid weather and dress accordingly. In this day of modern technology we have what is called a thermometer and a weatherman. If you can't read that new fangled gizmo called a thermometer, the weatherman will do it for you. Once the weatherman's findings are presented we can plan to dress our children for school. It's really quite simple, if it's cold outside dress warm. Please don't treat parents like morons and cancel school because it's under 10 degrees.

I'm not a bitter mom, pissed off because my kids are home to bother me. They are teenagers and don't get up until noon, they also keep the dog occupied for me. We are suppose to be teaching the future of the world self sufficiency, but what we are teaching them is to all want to grow up to be teachers. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just think we might want a little variety. And in the dead of winter, when are little darlings have just entered the workforce, do we really want them waking to their alarm saying, "Dude, do I have to go to work this morning, it's really cold and I don't know what to wear."

No comments: