Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Like Father, Like Son

Before we venture off Tuxedo shopping, I'm making dinner. Boy #2 asked if the girlfriend could eat over. "Of course!" I said, "but we're having baked potatoes."
Blank stare.
"She doesn't like baked potatoes honey."
"She doesn't? How do you know?"
"Oh I don't know, I could have got the information off of My Space or maybe I actually listen to her when she talks to me."

This conversation with the "chip off the ol' block" had me reminiscing back in the day when this sort of thing would have bothered me. I was pregnant with Boy #1 and we were applying for life insurance. The husband gave our insurance agent all our information and the insurance agent called me to verify my social security number. He then asked, "Can I ask you, are you really 5'10" and 105 pounds?"
"Wow, the mental picture you must have of me. I'm 5'6" and seven months pregnant."
"Nuff said. Thank you very much for your time."

No comments: