Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Blood Sugar Level is Right

Boy #2's girlfriend is in nursing school and she has joined forces with me in lording over the damn diabetics sugar intake. So much so that the husband fondly refers to her as the sugar nazi.

"Did you pick up milk?"
"Got it."
"Your arms look pretty full for just milk. What's in that bag?"
"Hide this from her."
"This" was a bakery box with 4 cinnamon rolls gobbed with icing.
"Didn't you hear Obama warn us of greedy surgeons lopping off diabetics feet left and right for monetary gain? And still you're going to look that danger in the face, laugh it off and eat ooey gooey cinnamon rolls?"
"Just one, the rest are for you guys."

Later that evening:
Pointing my finger at the husband, "He ate a cinnamon roll, see them out there in the kitchen?"
The girlfriend, "Did you take your blood sugar level? I'll bet it's high. I'm guessing two fifty at least."
Me, "I think it's one seventy...... no, one eighty-nine."
We turned our attention to Boy #2.
"I'm gonna say one dollar Bob."

3 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

I think my mom thinks I'm a sugar nazi. I bug her about eating too many carbs!

Suzanne said...

ReformingGeek - It get's exhausting keeping these people alive doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

My name is Jamie and I'm a sugar addict. I'm pretty sure if you chase the sugar with some lard and enormous amounts of sodium, it all balances out. That's the story I'm going with.