Saturday, September 12, 2009

Isn't it about time we had our flying cars already?

"They have the road to the hospital down to 2 lanes because of their endless construction this summer." The husband says to me. "But I know an alternate route that will take us around it." And he says this with an all knowing, I'm all over this traffic thing look on his face. The kind of look that made me think he spent most of his day contemplating our route and probably was on the Internet and everything.
We were breezing along the alternate route, windows open, radio humming and discussing the boys and where we went wrong with them, when we turned the bend in the road and saw a gozillion red brake lights at a stand still ahead of us.
"Huh. Looks like people are on to your alternate route."
And since I try to maintain a PG rated blog I won't mention what he said next.

So we sat for awhile lost in our own thoughts. That's when I wondered what the hold up was on the flying cars.

If we learned anything during our childhood while watching The Jetsons, it was that in the future we'd all be driving flying cars. I took a sideways glance at the husband and knew that it wasn't the time to bring that subject up. I knew I had to mull in over on my own.

You can't just give a flying car to anybody, I thought. Flying cars needed to be doled out carefully. Someone with an excellent driving record. Which then had me switching gears to my loaner car mishap, how was I going to make that go away? If that gets in the way of me getting a flying car I'll be pissed. I had an excellent driving record before that incident.
You can't just give a flying car to a dumb person either, there's going to have to be an IQ test for flying car ownership. Which I would pass with flying colors, I'm sure of it.
Probably in the beginning stages of flying cars we would have to wear helmets, something I would have to someway get around. I spend too much time on my hair in the morning to have helmet head all day.

Yes, I had that much time to ponder flying cars in the traffic jam.

"Hey we're moving." We made it to the hospital in time to see mom, who looked so much better than she has in days. The hospital staff was making an exception and letting her great-grand children visit, she was beaming.

5 comments:

Skye said...

I'm glad your mom sounds like she's doing better! As for that traffic jam, yep a Jetson mobile would be a good thing, so would a little green friend like The Great Wazzu from Flinstones. He didn't appear often, but when he did, watch out Fred and Barney...lol

ReformingGeek said...

I'm saving myself for the transporter!

I'm glad Mom is doing better.

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I'm with Reforming Geek. Bring on the transporter. Also that food replicator thingy that makes dinner soooooo much easier than it is now. God I'd love one of those. I think they should stop sending spaceships into space and start working on the food replicator. Oh cripes, I think you just inspired a blog post for me. Thanks!

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I'm with your husband. I think the Marine (wow, good going!) was hitting on you. Some guys have a thing for women in white shirts, especially well-pressed white shirts. In your case, I guess it gives a whole new meaning to "You're hot--like an iron!"

Anonymous said...

I totally want a flying car. I'm so done with earth-bound cars.