Friday, November 27, 2009

"The hell? Snow?" This is mildly annoying.

Thanksgiving Day the husband and I ran around from destination to destination in sweatshirts and this morning snow, ground covering snow. Damn. Why didn't I have a winter jacket on when we set out on our Thankgsiving Day? And when I say destination to destination, I don't mean schlepping from house to house with three kids in tow, eating dinner after dinner, we've been there, done that. I mean:
Handing the crock pot full of mashed potato's to the husband, I announce, "We have to stop at the store on the way to your sisters for maxi-pads."
He made a sound that I am unable to spell and said, "Can't you just....."
"I can't just do anything. We have to stop on this day of Thanksgiving, the day we say thanks for all of life's many blessing and stop for maxi-pads."
We have a short stare-down, "I guess we could pick up some pop, I guess."
"Yes, that's a good idea."
He's come such a long way over the years, maxi-pad talk use to scare him, now he's just mildly annoyed.

We live in Northeast Ohio, so at anytime of the year snow doesn't surprise me, it's just usually cold when the snow falls. Maybe I'm having hot flashes.

3 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

YIKES! Maxi-pads and family gatherings don't mix. I hope you did OK.

Yeah, Hubbys are funny about the feminine product purchases.

You are to young to have hot flashes.

Leeuna said...

Oh, bless you. Maxi-pads, snow, AND transporting food to the family dinner, all at the same time. I'm sure you were most thankful when the day was over.

Silly Willy and Fluffy said...

I guess we got out of town just in time. We don't do snow anymore!

Flashes...smashes...this too shall
pass!
Hugs, Uncle Silly Willy & Aunt Fluffy