Sunday, October 10, 2010

I think she's full of remorse

Just look at that face. Is that the face of a killer? I think not. Buckeye just hasn't been the same since The Incident. I had her outside with me for the afternoon while I did, effing yard work. I really hate raking leaves, they're not done falling and I'll be out there again, it's an endless chore, done year after year. But the rest of the neighbors were doing it so I thought I'd better put forth the effort. Trust me, I didn't over do it, but my back still hurts. I need a nap and vodka.


I thought it would be a good idea to put on Buckeye's peace and love bandanna while we were out. It's kind of her hippy one, with peace signs and hearts. Just in case any other squirrels were out there watching her. They have to know one of their own is gone but I'm certain they don't suspect her. It all happened so fast and most of the violence was behind the bushes, in the front yard. All the squirrels hang out in our back yard. I wanted her to look harmless, I'm looking out for her reputation. I don't want her to have a bad rep in the neighborhood. And I have to say she played her part well. Sniffed around, dug a few holes and lounged around like the queen of the neighborhood. I think we can safely say the "Incident" is behind us.

3 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

Ah, so cute!

That innocent thing couldn't hurt a fly.

Now, if you could just teach him to eat the leaves.

Suzanne said...

Carol - Eat the leaves? You have to think these things through. They would come out in the yard another way. You just can't win with leaves.

Leeuna said...

Awww. How sweet she is. I love the bandana. And of course she's innocent. Who could believe otherwise? (It was the squirrel's fault anyway).