Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The home of the strange and the land of the weird

There are times when I need to leave the safe confines of my neighborhood to find inspiration for a blog post. WalMart. But not in the last couple weeks. Seven kinds of crazy have been wandering around in bathrobes, mailboxes have been flying through the air and now people are walking canoes down the street. I love my neighborhood and all the kookamongas that live here.
We live in a lake community so it isn't really, really weird to see people taking a canoe for a walk it's just that they are going in the opposite direction of the shore. I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this type of behavior and I've seen stranger things walk down my side of the street, but who wouldn't take a picture of this?

And then make fun of it?

2 comments:

ReformingGeek said...

Kudos to them for saving gas and walking their canoe to the lake!

Kookamongas. Love it. I was sure they all lived in Texas. I have learned otherwise by reading your blog.

Relax Max said...

I don't think it's theirs.