Friday, October 19, 2007

I Need To Get Out More

I was talking to the dog the night Jake Westbrook was pitching for the Cleveland Indians, Tuesday I think. No one was home yet. The dog and I have some great conversations. So anyway I said, "Buckeye, he strikes out the first batter he faces and then walks the next one? What the hell?" She looks at me as if to say, "Duh! Are you forgetting Westbrook is a ground ball pitcher? We have a double play set up here." Sure enough the Indians turned a double play.
Now some people would think I'm a little weird and I need to get out of the house more. There are few that understand what it's like to be a Cleveland sports fan. There hasn't been a major championship won in Cleveland since I've been alive. We are talking Baseball, Football and Basketball because they are the only ones that count. We've come very close in the past, the Fumble, the Drive, the Shot, that we get a little slap happy when we start to get close again. We want to get excited, really. But we've been disappointed so many times in the past, we had our hopes crushed, celebrations brought to a halt, that it's only a matter of time before we have conversations with our dogs.

No comments: