Saturday, June 27, 2009

What the nuns couldn't teach me.........

I learned from School House Rock. When the nuns screaming, rulers and praying couldn't penetrate my thick skull, catchy tunes on Saturday mornings did. Thank God three is the magic number, it saved me a few times from being called a boob by Sister Helen.
My favorite catchy School House Rock tune is The Preamble. This is the song I use to get other songs out of my head. I gave this advice to poor Leigh over at Inside My Head (that might be the problem right there) when she posted the lyrics of a song she had stuck up there.

This didn't seem to work for her. I don't think she gave it enough time. A good two to three hours of School House Rock videos will knock anything out of your head and send you to sleep thinking of Learnin about the USA, hooking up words and phrases and clauses, Bills sitting on Capitol Hill going off to the White House and Mrs. Jones the lady on Hudson Street that sent her dog to bark at my brother and me. Give it more time Leigh! The reason I didn't post yesterday is because I got all caught up in adverbs, it's a word that modifies a verb you know. Take that Sister Helen.

5 comments:

DouglasDyer said...

Stupid nuns. And their bad habits. (pause for laughter) "I'm Just a Bill" is still one of my favorite songs.

ReformingGeek said...

Uh oh. Best not to view until I've had a few drinkies.

Anonymous said...

Conjuction junction, What's your function? Oh yeah... let's see Bon Jovi do a cover of that!

Nayhabi said...

>>>Learin about the USA

I was unable to watch the show to which you talk here so I know not what this means.

What is learin?

Thanks to you

Suzanne said...

Doug - "I'm Just a Bill" is in my top five!

ReformingGeek - Alcohol does intensify the effect of School House Rock viewing - good idea.

Jamie - Bon Jovi can't touch hooking up words and phrases and clauses.

Nayhabi - That is what you call a typo.