Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Morning Sue

The perks definately outway the downside of working at home. I start off my day with a steaming hot cup of coffee and shuffle into my office with my big fluffy slippers on. Let's finish your mental picture. One sock on and don't know where the other one is, don't care because I got both slippers. My big blue, fluffy zip up robe. My hair flat on one side and sticking up on the other. It's what I like to call Morning Sue. Not too many people know Morning Sue, few would want to.
The school nurse gave it a try this morning. Boy #3 went off to school today saying his stomach was burning. Here's me, "What? Do you think I tell you not to drink so much Pepsi to hear myself talk? Go to school you have the next five days off." Mother of the year, I know he's writing an essay about me right now. I take my shower at 8:00am, at 7:55 the school nurse called. "Okay, I'll be right there." I looked in the mirror. Yikes! I might run into someone I know. He's with a nurse, she probably knows more about stomach aches than I do. I took a quick shower. Slapped on some makeup, got dressed, two socks this time and left the house with a wet head. The wet head part is a problem if I run into my mother, but I took the risk.

No comments: