Thursday, November 22, 2007

St. Augustine is Hoppin'

More information is coming in from the Florida front! The aunts and uncles feed me information from Florida to pass on to my mom and dad. Mom and dad don’t think much of emailing. They are anti-technology. Most of the aunts and uncles that have fled the Northeast Ohio winter weather are located near St. Augustine. It sounds like they are having fun. The latest email is informing me of First Friday Weekend Art Walk. Starting December 7th and 8th and then every first Friday and Saturday every month there is, what the aunts and uncles are so excited about, St. Augustine Artwalk. There will be art exhibits from painting to photography, architecture, music, refreshments and a lot more. It sounds like the streets of St. Augustine will be hoppin’! They can do that sort of thing in the winter in Florida without getting frostbite. My next Florida vacation will be in or very near St. Augustine, it’s a beautiful city from what I’m hearing through the family email chain. And as I watch the snow come down as I type, well hear we go again with the shovels, boots and snow scrapers. St. Augustine sounds more appealing the deeper we get into the lovely Northeast Ohio weather.


No comments: